Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And I ran, I ran so far away...

Or I would have, if I was being chased by a flock of seagulls!



But in all reality I only went about 2.5 miles or so, ever so slowly.  But it's good to be back jogging (with a soft j), working on working off some of the extra junk in the trunk I brought back home from Iceland, the jiggling must stop!!
This weekend I am going to meet up with my speedster friend Mary Ann who is going to help me work out a workout plan.  That's a funny sentence, say that five times fast - work out a workout plan!
Then the torture will begin, in the Florida heat and humidity, but this time damn-it-all-to-hell, this time I am GOING TO STICK TO THE PLAN.   I want to run 5k's this winter for speed, I want to do at least a half marathon, probably do the 15k gate river run (need another pint glass for the collection) and do speed workouts with my fabulous business partner and lovely husband.  
I'm too broke at the moment to do full on triathlons, so damn expensive to enter, so I think right now is the best time ever to focus on running.

And I am going to need all the help I can get - send me all your motivational strategies!

2 comments:

Maggs said...

I love it...jogging with a soft j. too funny.

Krisanne said...

My trainer's mantra, stolen from Nike, seems to be working for me - "just do it." It means pretty much no matter how I'm feeling, I get up and work out. For me, getting into a morning routine has also made a difference; it means I get the workout done and don't have it hanging over my head and I don't have all day to talk myself out of it!