Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Miami Tri - holy cow it's time

Here we are once again, a race just around the corner.  I'm very well prepared and ready to rock both the swim & the bike.  Running, not so much.  For some reason, I just can't seem to lace up my running shoes and go for a run to save my life!  My hip flexor plus my old blood clot circulation issues started acting up, so I took a little time off to let it heal.  It came back pretty good, but my motivation to run didn't. 
So I just sort of pretended not to notice that I wasn't running and pretended not to notice that the days on the calendar were ticking by with increasing speed.
I jogged 4 miles the other way and that was friggin hard, so I am not entirely sure how I am going to fake my way through a 10k and not look like a dumbass.  Oh well.  When the circulation in my left leg isn't quite what it should be, I have always been able to get by doing the Galloway stuff (run/walk) so that is my plan for the weekend.
Right now I'm thinking 10 second run followed by a 10 minute walk, hee hee hee....  

It's going to be a blast though - traveling down with 2 good friends, a bunch of good music, wetsuit, goggles, bike and running shoes in the back of the car. 

Send me some happy thoughts come Sunday morning, I'll need them as soon as I get off the bike!!
Then when I get back, I am going to start running.  Because now I have a plan....   and a partner to kick my ass.  Good times ahead.

No comments: