Monday, January 5, 2009

Yaaawwwwn. And a coach.

Well, back to work today. Getting up early wasn't very hard as I've been getting plenty of practice lately - but finding motivation and staying on track proved a bit more challenging. It's good to be getting back into the ole routine though - although I still need to work on getting to bed earlier!

Other than that, the latest news is that I got myself my own private ass-whoopperer (a coach). She's a little energizer bunny who runs like the wind and gives the boys a run for their money on the bike. She doesn't love the pool in the same way I do, but that is fine - as I already belong to a masters team complete with what might be the best swim coach in the world.  So with all these resources at my disposal, if I don't go ahead and improve this up and coming season, I only have myself to blame.
Coach Helen sent me a form to fill out, so tomorrow come up with a list of events I'd like to do and goals I'd like to meet. Sounds pretty official, and a little somewhat scary. 
Once we review the plan, she will write me up a schedule and then comes the hard part.....  - I am going to have to follow it. Yikes.
I think it's going to be awesome, but I also think I'm going to need a healthy dose of self discipline - wonder if I can find some for cheap during all those January sales that I see popping up everywhere!

1 comment:

Kolbrun DeLux said...

Fyrirgefðu Kolla, en þú býrð á Flórída, sem í hugum okkar hérna er paradís á jörð, letilífsstaður, þar sem maður kemur og leikur sér og gerir helst ekkert sem eyðir kaloríum. En þessi lýsing hljómar eins og þú sért í fangabúðum nasista!...bbrr..fæ bara hroll... Ég hálf vorkenni þér.
En knús á ströndina til ykkar frá okkur Dofra.