Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter is here. Motivation, somewhere over there. Way over.


Well well, it's that time again. The time of going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. Getting up early to work out before work becomes just about impossible, and hot chocolate (and cold chocolate) become irresistible.
I'm going to allow myself to slack a little bit until January, do some biking and swimming and running, but mostly focus on going to the gym for strength and core. It seems to help me with everything else, and would prevent me from turning into a total and utter slob.
I need to keep the legs strong, since our first time trial race is in January. Which will also be my first TT ever, I'm excited about that one - I'm the only one on the team that has never done those before, so the goal is to just learn as much as possible and hopefully not embarrass myself. Fun times.
Then the first race of the season has been decided - Sue and I are going down to Miami for an OL distance tri on March 15th. I fear the water might be cold, but at least I have a wetsuit now so that should be ok. My big plan for the upcoming training is to focus on the run... I need a run coach. I need someone to hold me accountable and motivate me and tell me what to do. This weekend I'm going coach hunting, if anyone has good suggestions, drop me a line!

No comments: