Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Sorry Ike, my alarm didn't go off"

I have been trying to visit the CNN website on a regular basis, in my attempt to try to keep up with whats going on in the world. I figured CNN to be relatively reliable, but some of their hurricane coverage recently has me questioning that.
Today they have on their front (online) page a story about a couple in Texas that didn't manage to evacuate for hurricane Ike in time because they overslept. Yep, you read that right. Overslept.

"GALVESTON, Texas (CNN) -- Paul and Kathi Norton overslept as Hurricane Ike closed in on their coastal Texas home, so they decided to tough it out because their evacuation route was already flooded."


I'm glad that they made it out ok and of course hope clean up efforts go well. As soon as practical, I would suggest that both of them report to one of those sleeping clinics for a checkup, because those sleeping habits should be studied.

No comments: