Friday, September 26, 2008

Open windows!!!

Fall IS here!  Last night I met with my buddies that I'm doing the Ragnar Relay with.  I got maps of the legs I'll be running and Michelle, the team captain, had done up a spreadsheet showing when each runner will be on the course, based on prediced times.  My first run is around 3 in the afternoon (6+ miles), then again at 4 AM (3.4 miles) and the last one at 10:30 AM (3.7 miles).   This will be a 24 hr suckage, give or take a few minutes.  But, oddly enough I'm really looking forward to it!  I'm completely undertrained but I'm sure I can squeeze out the miles needed.

When I got home, the evening air was just amazing - I turned off the AC and opened the windows, and then proceeded to sleep like a baby.  Cute Boy has been reading a book that promises to make him a faster cyclist, and that book says that your body recovers better when it's cold/cool than when it's hot/warm.   Maybe there is something to that!

No comments: